Allergies, Allergy, Cow's milk, Cow's milk allergy, dairy allergy, dairy free, Food allergies, food allergy, gluten free, Gluten intolerance, Lactard, lactose free, Lactose intolerance, Lactose intolerant, Milk allergy, Nut allergy, nut free, Nuts, peanut allergy, peanut free, Peanuts, soy allergy, soy free, vegan, vegetarian
Nut free, lactose/dairy free, gluten free option, soy free, vegetarian, vegan option
I’ve recently started eating this yummy quinoa granola for brekky – it’s great with some plain yoghurt or even on its own. It’s super easy and quick to make!
¾ cup uncooked quinoa
¾ cup raw pumpkin seeds / pepitas
½ cup sunflower seeds
¼ cup (or I use a bit less) honey (/maple syrup for GF option)
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon coarse salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
¾ cup dried cherries/cranberries/raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°
- Combine quinoa, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds
- Heat honey (/maple syrup) in a microwave-safe bowl for 20 seconds
- Combine the olive oil, cinnamon and salt and pour over the top of the quinoa mixture
- Mix well
- Spread mixture in a baking pan
- Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes (or until golden), stirring frequently
- Once finished, stir in cherries/cranberries/raisins
- Cool for 15 minutes and store in an airtight container.
Post your creations to Instagram and tag @allergianabroad, telling us what you think!